The “App” shall mean Oiyster, the mobile software provided by Oiyster Pte. Ltd. to offer a platform for both International and Domestic travellers to post questions prior to their trip and/or during their trip. We aim to connect people around the world to genuinely help one another without social barriers through Oiyster App. It is to be used on Apple iOS, Android OS devices and any upgrades from time to time and any other software or documentation which enables the use of the App.
- Data Protection
- The App
- Modification of the Terms and Conditions
- Proprietary Rights and License
- All trade marks, copyright, database rights, and other intellectual property rights of any nature in the App together with the underlying software code are owned directly either by Oiyster Pte. Ltd. or by Oiyster Pte. Ltd.’s licensors.
- Conditions of Use
- You will not, nor allow third parties on your behalf to:
- make and distribute copies of the App;
- attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange, or translate the App; or
- create derivative works of the App of any kind whatsoever.
- You acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider (the “Mobile Provider“) will continue to apply when using the App. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the App or for any such third party charges as may arise. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
- If you are not the bill payer for the mobile telephone or handheld device being used to access the App, you will be assumed to have received permission from the bill payer for using the App.
- You will not, nor allow third parties on your behalf to:
- Content available through the service
Provided as-is: You acknowledge that Oiyster Pte. Ltd. does not make any representations or warranties about the material, data, and information, such as data files, text, computer software, code, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos, or other images (collectively, the “Content”) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Services. Under no circumstances is Oiyster Pte. Ltd. liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to: any infringing Content, any errors or omissions in Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted, linked from, or otherwise accessible through or made available via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
This App may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than Oiyster. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this app or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. In some cases you may be asked by a third party site to link your profile on Oiyster to a profile on another third party site. Choosing to do so is purely optional, and the decision to allow this information to be linked can be disabled (with the third party site) at any time.
- This App is available to handheld mobile devices running Apple iOS, Android OS. Oiyster Pte. Ltd. will use reasonable efforts to make the App available at all times. However, you acknowledge the App is provided on the Internet and on mobile networks, so the quality and availability of the App may be affected by factors outside Oiyster Pte. Ltd.’s reasonable control.
- Oiyster Pte. Ltd., its group of companies, and its sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for unavailability of the App or any difficulty or inability to download or access content or any other communication system failure which may result in the App being unavailable.
- System Requirements
- In order to use the App, you are required to have a compatible mobile telephone or handheld device, Internet access, and the necessary minimum specifications (the “Software Requirements“).
- The Software Requirements are as follows: Oiyster mobile application requires the device to be running iOS 8 or later for apple mobile devices and marshmallow 6.0 or later for Android mobile devices..
- The version of the App software may be upgraded from time to time to add support for new functions and services.
- Oiyster Pte. Ltd. may terminate use of the App at any time.
- Upon any termination:
- the rights and licenses granted to you herein shall terminate; and
- you must cease all use of the software.
- Limitation of Liability
- In no event will Oiyster Pte. Ltd. be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of your use of or access to the App, including loss of profit or the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties or whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise.
- Oiyster Pte. Ltd. is not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment, including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld devices, or mobile telephones, as a result of the installation or use of the App.
- Oiyster Pte. Ltd.’s will not be liable for any death, personal or emotional injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability under the applicable law.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law, and for the avoidance of doubt, Oiyster Pte. Ltd. hereby disclaims all implied warranties with regard to the App. The App and software are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
For any query, please contact Oiyster Pte. Ltd. at firstname.lastname@example.org.